Sunday, August 12, 2012

Zoo Day

If you don't know Jackson or haven't been around him much you could pretty much call him a "penny pincher." I sure do love that penny pincher though.
I have been begging him for the past two years to either take me to the Georgia Aquarium or to the Atlanta Zoo while he was living there.

He refused and said we never "had time," which I know it was because he didn't see paying $30 dollars a person to go look at animals appealing.

I don't ask much so you can say I was a little bitter since he moved from Atlanta and I knew there was my chance of ever going with him out the window.

So since he had his orientation in Birmingham I kindly asked him if he thought he could squeeze in a trip to the zoo if it was possible. Also, I threw in it was only $5 to get in on Sunday's and he quickly took that and ran with the idea. I think he was tired of hearing me and saw $25 less.

It was really enjoyable minus the screaming kids that whirled by you rudely and their parents not acknowledging their inappropriate behavior and the temp was pretty hot.

I just enjoyed being with my boo and walking around checking out all the cool animals.
He said he felt pretty sad for the animals, but I think he enjoyed it too. It was just a nice day spent together.


I asked him to show me his "zoo face."


This reminded me of the Lion King and I love it.
I still cry watching it.

I think giraffes are such pretty animals.

I had to snap a picture of the goats since my PaPa and Uncle Dennis love them.
And they're pretty cute.

Jackson found him a nice spot he tried to stay at a little
longer than I intended.

I just felt like a kid again being back at the zoo and enjoying the great outdoors
and wildlife with my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment